5 Healthy Lunches To Keep Your Child Energized Throughout The DayAugust 26, 2018 2:27 pm
As your New Haven urgent care center we truly believe in being a partner in yours and your child’s health. One of the trickiest times to make sure your child stays healthy is back to school. With the kids going back to school it is easy to lose track of what they are eating and how that’s affecting their energy throughout the day. A well-balanced lunch will help your child stay fit and most importantly focused for the remainder of the school day.
In an effort to help you and your child get the most out of their school lunch we’ve gathered five healthy lunches that you can send to school.
- Lunch #1: Cheddar cheese slices, a container of fresh berries, tomatoes, and a handful of assorted nuts
- Lunch #2: Turkey wrap, carrot sticks, pineapple slices
- Lunch #3: Lightly breaded chicken nuggets, strawberries, cut up cucumbers
- Lunch #4: 2 hard-boiled eggs, a lightly dressed salad, apple slices
- Lunch #5: Shredded rotisserie chicken, coleslaw, sliced cucumbers and carrots
Packing a healthier lunch is certainly something that takes time and planning, but the benefit to your child’s energy level and health is immeasurable. Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is rich with protein so they will have the energy to successfully make it through the day.