5 Healthy Holiday Tips From Our Orange Urgent Care CenterNovember 11, 2018 1:45 am
The holidays are fast approaching and they often get a little hairy for anyone who is trying to stay healthy. Whether you’re eating a little bit too much, drinking a little bit too much, or not getting enough exercise, the holidays can be a healthy lifestyle’s worst enemy, but we have some easy, quick tips you can use to stay healthy, even during the holidays.
You can use these tips even if you’re traveling for the weekend or a week. You can use these tips at home or at your in-laws (although we can’t promise they will be as easy there.) You can use these tips wherever you are so that you can remain healthy and head into the new year feeling good about yourself and the holiday season.
- 1. Exercise everyday: The tip here is that you don’t need to exercise for an hour and sweat like crazy. A simple stroll with your family or a few sit-ups before bed will do the trick. Keep yourself in a routine and you’ll maintain that healthy lifestyle throughout the holidays.
- 2. The just 1 rule: Let’s be real, when that plate of holiday cookies comes out you’re going to have a hard time saying no completely. If you follow the just 1 rule, you can still have a cookie or a piece of pie, without the guilty. Take just 1 and you’ll stay healthy.
- 3. Drink responsibly: Alcohol is where empty calories go to hide. If you’re trying to stay healthy carry over the just 1 rule to drinking too. This will save you some calories and you can even be your party’s designated driver (hero.)
- 4. Keep a journal: We’re talking about mental health here too. What is better for your mental health then keeping a running journal of your holidays. You don’t have to write everyday, but a few times a week should do the trick.
- Keep calm and holiday on: Stress will definitely make your holidays miserable and will drag your health down with it. It can be hard to ignore stressful situations, but do your best and you’ll get through the holidays as a much happier and healthier person.
Staying healthy over the holidays can be tricky, but don’t beat yourself up over it. You don’t have to eat perfectly, exercise everyday or never touch a drink for your holidays to be successful. Moderation is the key here everyday. Most importantly, ENJOY!!