5 Facts To Know About Colorectal CancerMarch 18, 2019 2:26 pm
It is National Colorectal Cancer Month and there is no more important time then now to know the facts about this disease. Knowing the facts is half the battle in making sure colorectal cancer is defeated.
Here are five facts you need to know:
- It is the second leading cause of cancer death with men and women
- 140,000+ new cases of colorectal cancer are expected this year alone
- 1 in 20 people will get colorectal cancer within their lifetime
- 33% of people are not up to date on their screenings
- With proper screening 60% of all colorectal cancer deaths are preventable
Screening is critical to saving your life or the life of someone you love. Make it a point during this National Colorectal Cancer Month to get yourself screened and spread the word. It will save lives.