Reasons You Should Seek Medical Care For Your RashApril 20, 2018 12:09 am
Most rashes are not life-threatening. But there are some signs that you should seek medical treatment:
- If you have a fever or pain accompanying your rash, you should seek medical attention.
- A sudden spreading or bruise-like lesions could be a sign of something more serious. An infection would be warm and painful to the touch, yellow or green discharge, and a bad odor.
- A rash that simply does not go away.
- A widespread rash.
- Purple spots that appear on the hands and feet.
- A circular shape or bulls-eye rash could be a symptom of Lyme Disease and should be checked out.
Rashes could be caused by a variety of things: reactions to medications, environmental factors, or bacteria/virus. The medical staff at Stony Creek Urgent Care Center is here to treat your condition without the long wait of the emergency room at a hospital.