Women’s Health Facts For International Women’s DayMarch 8, 2022 2:11 pm
Today we are celebrating International Women’s Day. Our clinics are filled with incredibly smart, hard working and strong women who work day in and day out to help provide the best care to our patients. We are so beyond proud and honored to have these wonderful women working for us and for you.
We also thought it was a good opportunity to highlight some facts about women’s health from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to keep in mind all year long.
- Nearly 50% of all women meet the federal physical activity guidelines for aerobic exercise.
- Just 11% of women currently smoke in the United States (let’s get that number to ZERO)
- About 11% of women in the U.S. who are under the age of 65 years old are without health insurance
- Cancer, heart disease, and COVID-19 are the leading causes of death in women
- 14% of all women over the age of age of 18 are in fair or poor health
- Nearly 20% of all women over the age of 18 have had four drinks or more in one day over the last year
Knowing the facts about women’s health is a good first step in taking action to address some of the important health issues that are facing all women. If we know what the issues are, we know that we can do better and get healthier as a society.
On today, International Women’s Day, we recognize those women among us who are working everyday to keep us healthy and strong. We also acknowledge the trials and tribulations of those who are struggling to become healthier everyday and we are here for you.