Three Telling Heart Health Statistics You Should Be Aware OfFebruary 18, 2021 3:49 pm
We continue to raise awareness for heart health during #HeartHealthMonth and in that light we are going to highlight some statistics.
Why is it important to understand statistics?
For one, statistics help guide public health officials in making decisions on things such as health resources, awareness campaigns, and where the largest problem exists.
Secondly, statistics help the general public understand how prevalent a particular issue is and who is most likely to come in contact with the issue. This will help guide personal health decisions.
With that in mind, here are some heart disease statistics to keep in mind from the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in ALL groups in the United States.
- Every 36 seconds another person dies from cardiovascular disease.
- 1 out of every 4 deaths in the United States can be tied to heart disease.
- 805,000 Americans have a heart attack each year.
- 1 out of every 5 heart attacks are silent, meaning damage is done inside the body, but the person it happens to does not feel any symptoms.
Keeping your heart healthy is so incredibly important to your overall health. We have some tips that can help you improve your heart health so that these statistics remain just statistics for you and not personal statistics.