April is Autism Awareness MonthApril 12, 2018 7:57 pm
April is National Autism Awareness Month. This disorder affects 1 out of 68 births and more than 3.5 million Americans are on the autism spectrum. Autism is a spectrum disorder meaning that is affects individuals differently and at varying degrees.
Autism is a disorder that is treatable. Early intervention can improve outcomes.
Sign and Symptoms
1. Lack of or delay in spoken language
2. Repetitive use of language and/or mannerisms (i.e. hand flapping, twirling objects)
3. Little to no eye contact.
4. No interest in peer relationships.
5. Lack of spontaneous or make-believe play.
6. Persistent fixation on parts of objects.