5 Ways To Relieve StressJanuary 22, 2021 2:31 pm
The New Year is just underway and it’s been quite a hair raising year already. Stress continues to plague many with so much uncertainty in the world and the vaccine rollout slower then many had hoped.
One of the key components of health is to make sure your body is free from stress. Stress has a very negative affect on your health, but the good news is that there are plenty of things you can do to relieve your stress.
We’ve gather a handful of things you can do to make sure you don’t have to visit a Connecticut urgent care facility with high stress levels this year. Try some of these ideas out and you’ll feel relaxed and ready to tackle the day in no time.
- Get out in nature. It can be hard to do this in the winter, but the fresh air is so rejuvenating and according to experts is a tremendous stress reliever. Bundle up and go for a walk, you’ll be grateful you did.
- Write down why you are grateful. Lists of gratitude can be a great way to refocus you on the things that are not stressful in your life and take your mind off your daily stresses.
- Clean up your space. One of the things that can cause added stress is a messy home or office area. When there is clutter, your mind will be cluttered which can lead to added stress. The short time it will take you to declutter your space will be time well spent.
- Go to bed earlier. If you’re not getting enough sleep you may want to move your bedtime. Even an extra half an hour of sleep can mean the difference between a stressed out day or a stress free day.
- Play. There’s a reason that most kids aren’t stressed out, they play. Play is one of the best ways you can find your inner child and skip the stresses of the day. If you take a half an hour out of your day to play a board game or a round of cards you’ll feel the stress start to melt away.
There’s nothing that will solve all of your stresses, sometimes that’s just life. If you focus on a few of the things in the list above you’ll have lower stress levels and be able to focus on the things that truly matter. The good news is that de-stressing is cumulative so as you start to take away some of the stresses you will feel it less and less throughout your day.