5 Ways To Spread Awareness On World Diabetes DayNovember 14, 2020 10:59 pm
All month long we have been spreading the word about diabetes during National Diabetes Awareness Month, but today, November 14th, marks World Diabetes Day.
While the entire month is important, having a day completely dedicated to getting the word out about this disease is critical to make sure that the voices of those who have the disease, who treat the disease, and who research the disease are amplified to the greatest possible extent.
Today, if you want to get involved, the International Diabetes Federation has some ideas for you:
- Plan an online learning day around diabetes for your school
- Join the Global Diabetes Walk – get involved here.
- Share the online test to let friends and family see if they are at risk of type 2 diabetes – test is here.
- Organize a diabetes awareness event for neighbors in your community.
- Share information about diabetes on your social media platform of choice.
When participating in any of these events or ideas, please make sure to remain safe and follow all COVID-19 restrictions and protocols. Keeping people safe and healthy while bringing awareness will be key to spreading the word this year.