Looking For A COVID Test? Here Are Five Things You Need To Know.October 12, 2020 4:55 pm
We are now nearly 9 months in to the COVID-19 pandemic and there is still a lot of concern and uncertainty around testing. The good news is that testing in the state of Connecticut is now more robust then it ever has been in the entire 9 month period that this pandemic has been raging.
Here at Stony Creek Urgent Care we are running a lot of COVID tests, but also getting a lot of questions about it. So, we thought it would be helpful to give the most pertinent information that we currently have at our disposal so you can get the testing you need in short order.
- You NEED to make an appointment to get tested. You can do that here. Please make your appointment online so that we can get those who need tests in and out more efficiently.
- A PCR test can take anywhere from 24 hrs. to 7 days for results to come in. This number is dependent on the volume of tests that are being handled at the lab.
- The current list of symptoms that would indicate you may need a COVID test include, but are not limited to, fevers, chills, cough, flu-like symptoms, or shortness of breath. If you are experiencing these symptoms, please schedule an appointment.
- Many symptoms will look like the flu. You should still get a flu shot this year, if you have not gotten one already.
- If you are returning from a trip, you will need to get tested. However, it is recommended that you wait 3-5 days from the end of your trip before you get tested.
If you have additional questions about COVID testing and anything related to this global pandemic you can read our FAQ here.