5 Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself During #SelfCareAwareness MonthSeptember 9, 2018 1:35 pm
September is National Self-Care Awareness Month and our philosophy here at Stony Creek Urgent Care is that we want to be a holistic partner in your health and that includes self-care that can prevent a trip to a New Haven County urgent care center.
Here are five things you can start doing today that will keep you healthier and focused on yourself during Self-Care Awareness Month.
- Skip the drive-thru: It’s not easy to stay healthy when you eating at a drive-thru. This one simple step can help you avoid unnecessary calories and eat just a little bit healthier food.
- Take A Walk: Another pretty simple step is to just take a brief walk. A simple fifteen minute stroll that gets your heart rate up and your legs moving will go a long way towards better self-care.
- Meditate: Taking a few minutes each day to sit still and be quiet with your thoughts is a good way to keep your mental health strong. Mental health is an often forgotten key to better self-care.
- Laugh More: It’s no joke, laughter is sometimes the best medicine and a good belly laugh every day will help keep you feeling happy and healthy.
- Sleep Well: A good restful night’s sleep is the key to staying healthy. This is a great resource to figure out just how much sleep you’ll need. Generally adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
Taking these few steps everyday will help ensure that you live a happy and healthy life. As cool air starts to fill September it will get harder and harder to follow-through on some of these things, but remember that as a partner in your health we’re here to support you every step of the way.